PASTORAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Pastoral Support Assistant
Permanent Post, Grade 5: 15 - 18 hours per week over 5 days (term time only)
Required for January 2020
We are a large, vibrant Church of England primary school within The Keys Academy Trust. We are seeking to appoint an approachable, flexible Pastoral Support Assistant to join our staff team. Are you passionate about championing the emotional well-being of our young people? If so, this job may be for you!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has previous experience of supporting children and families
- Has a proven track record of building effective relationships
- Has highly effective communication skills
- Is able to plan and deliver pastoral interventions for children
- Is able to deliver workshops and other training for parents
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and diplomacy and values diversity
- Take responsibility for their own effective time management but work under the guidance of our Mental Health Lead Practitioner
- Will contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
We are able to offer:
- A large well-resourced primary school with strong links with the wider community
- An experienced and dedicated team of staff
- Active and supportive parents and governors
- Relevant training opportunities
Closing date for applications: 9.00am Friday 22nd November 2019
Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 27th November 2019. However, forms will be reviewed on receipt so early application is advised.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange a visit to discuss the post with the Headteacher.
If you wish to become a member of our talented team at Earley St Peter’s, a job description/person specification and the Support Staff Application Form is available from the school office or to download from the school website: http://www.earley-st-peters.wokingham.sch.uk/website/our-vacancies/18788
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.